Monday, April 26, 2010

31 weeks and late again!

How far along? 31w5d

Total weight gain: Still gaining a lb a week

How big is baby? This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.




Maternity clothes: Certainly. I am starting to worry about my scrubs. I've been getting away with drawstring pants and bigger tops, but it's just not cutting it anymore. Not sure what I'll wear to work once these clothes don't fit!

Stretch marks: No change to my few little ones

Sleep: I've actually been sleeping better since Matthew moved a mattress on the floor!

Movement: I love watching my whole stomach move! I can also feel actual body parts a lot. I think her butt is parked on my left side

Food cravings: Not really

Food aversions: Not really

Belly button: Shallow, but an innie

Symptoms: Waking up in the middle of the night with heartburn is not pleasant. I could do without the swollen feet and legs, too!

What I'm looking forward to: Seeing her face...I keep trying to imagine what she will look like

Weekly Wisdom: Sleep alone :P

Weekly joy: Sorting through all our baby gifts. It definitely makes everything seem more real!

1 comments:

Bri said...

How exciting!

I'm a follower. =)