Monday, April 19, 2010

30 weeks - a little late :-D

How far along? 30w5d

Total weight gain: I think about 31lb

How big is baby? Baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)





Maternity clothes: Yes - except the dress I wore to my baby shower was a non-maternity maxi dress. I felt fabulous wearing "normal" clothes!

Stretch marks: Just the same little ones that haven't changed or gotten any bigger

Sleep: Matthew announced this morning that he is moving out of our bed for now. I guess my tossing and turning is keeping both of us awake :(

Movement: I lots of rolls and jabbing knees and elbows now. I read that at 30 weeks the baby is sleeping 95% of the time. I think 95% seems high, but she does seem to have mellowed out a bit

Food cravings: Not really

Food aversions: Not really

Belly button: Still an innie!

Symptoms: The heartburn and swollen feet are the worst

What I'm looking forward to: Working on the nursery some more - I can't wait to have it done.

Weekly Wisdom: Put your feet up as often as possible, even if they aren't swollen

Weekly joy: My baby shower! Once I get some pics I will dedicate a post to it!

0 comments: