Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St Patrick's Day and 26 Week Update

Happy St. Patrick's Day!


I love this day because #1 I'm Irish and #2 Kelly Green is my favorite color #3 I love the Traditional Irish dinner my mom makes every year!






Matthew gave me this Irish Love Knot necklace for Valentine's Day last year - I love it!

Now for the baby update!


How far along? 26 weeks - I'll start the 3rd Trimester this week!!! (26w6d)

Total weight gain: Aye yigh yigh. The weight gain...I'm up a little bit again. +25. I have a doctor's appt tomorrow, so we'll see if she is concerned at all. I feel concerned - I can only gain 10 more lb to stay within the recommended 25-35. Honestly, I don't feel like my diet is that bad. I guess I have to keep in mind that my body will do what it needs to do, and I can always lose the weight later.

How big is baby? From BabyCenter.com -
The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel.



Maternity clothes: Most definitely

Stretch marks: Not yet! I check every day! LOL

Sleep: The last two nights I slept great...the night before I couldn't fall asleep until 5am.

Movement: A ton!

Food cravings: Still love the iced coffee - trying not to give in very often!

Food aversions: Red meat

Belly button: Still a fairly deep innie - see yesterday's pics!

Symptoms: Heartburn like crazy, constipation, hands and arms falling asleep, especially at night. Overall, feeling ok, though!

What I'm looking forward to: Ordering our crib this weekend!

Weekly Wisdom: Not feeling very wise at the moment...

Weekly joy: I asked M the other night what he was most looking forward to for when the baby comes. He said, "Taking her on walks and watching her explore the world." My heart just melted! So sweet!

0 comments: