Thursday, February 25, 2010

Work-out Review: Gabrielle Reece: The Complete Fit and Healthy Pregnancy


I was so excited to try this work-out. I did it for the first time last night, and man, am I hurting today. My legs are the most sore - I guess 5 months of relative inactivity will do that to you. I'm going to wait until the soreness goes away, then do it again. I'm aiming for 3-4 times a week. The session, which included a warm-up, work-out and cool down, took about 25 or 30 minutes. I didn't sweat, but I could feel my heartrate going up.

What I liked: I love the Reece is actually pregnant in the video. There are work-outs for each month, and you can watch her pregnancy progress as you go through the video. I also like that you can do the whole thing in 30 minutes - I don't think my schedule could handle anything longer.

What I don't like: You need all sorts of equipment - a mat, an exercise ball, a stretchy band thing, free weights, a sturdy chair and someone to help you. Reece's trainer is in the video and he helps her by hold things and whatnot. Since I didn't have any of those things on hand (mine are buried in the basement somewhere!), I just modified the work-out the best I could.

Overall: The DVD was pretty good. I'll definitely keep using it - at least until I find something better.

I can't wait for the snow to melt and Spring to come so I can go for walks (or maybe be brave and run)!

4 comments:

Carry Grace said...

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Props to you for working out while pregnant. I really wish I had.

I saw the mood board for your nursery, it is going to be adorable.

jodi said...

I bought these for when the time comes:
http://www.amazon.com/Crunch-Yoga-Mama-Prenatal/dp/B0001LJCSO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1267127712&sr=8-1
http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Solution-Prenatal-Pilates/dp/B000RIWARG/ref=pd_bxgy_d_img_b

A Happy, Jolly Girl said...

I truely enjoy that you are learning all this stuff so one day I can just bask in your intelligent ideas!! :)

TamsJewelry said...

My Girls are 10 and12 yrs.Motherhood is the best. Happy Friday follow!