Monday, January 4, 2010

Books books books

I LOVE to read. I've been reading since I was very young, and always have aleast one book going. I remember when I was little staying up reading in bed with a flash light. Many nights I wouldn't go to sleep until the batteries died!

There is a great board on The Nest called The Nest Book Club http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/4110118/ShowForum.aspx

This board is full of women who are passionate about books in general, and who read and recommend books from every genre.


From Jan 1 - March 31 I will be participating in the Winter Book Challenge, which is a 36 tasks agreed upon by the board, which can be filled by reading 36 books. Some tasks will be easy to complete, since I have books sitting on my shelf at home that fit perfectly. Others will strech me to go out of my reading comfort zone (A sci-fi book? Do I have to?).

Here is a link to the task list...http://bookbio.pbworks.com/Winter-Book-Challenge


I am also giving myself a reading challenge for 2010: To read 50 books in one year. Normally that wouldn't be difficult, but with a baby on the way, I think 50 will be hard to reach.

I'll keep you all up to date on what I'm reading :)

0 comments: