Sunday, August 9, 2009

Crab Quiche


Here is the Crab Quiche I made, inspired by the book Julie and Julia.

It was delicious!!!

Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 cup crab meat
1 cup diced Swiss cheese
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 (9 inch) unbaked pie crust
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, mayonnaise, flour, and milk until thoroughly blended. Stir in crab, cheese, and onion. Spread into pie shell.
3. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

And my review of the book... 2 out of 5 Stars.

This book was not what I hoped it would be. I hoped it would be a story of a woman exploring the art of French cooking, a la Julia Child, about recipes, ingredients, words she didn't know how to pronounce, dishes that turned out all wrong.

Instead it was just a story of a woman without purpose. Though she found some sense of worth during her year of cooking, at the end of the story, she still seems relatively lost.

I think I would have enjoyed this more if it had been more structured, more focused on her cooking and less on the oddities of her life.

I definitely give Julie Powell's husband props for putting up with her!

0 comments: